The Guide to BMW owners
Interesting facts about BMW owners
• Those who have bought a BMW in the last 3 years are predominately male (53%), down from 60% in 1994.
• They are 46% more likely than the average to be in the ‘playschool parents’ lifestage group.
• BMW owners are 98% more likely to read a ‘broadsheet’ newspaper, than the average adult. They are 84% more likely than the average to be ‘very interested’ in cars and motoring issues in newspapers.
• They are 178% more likely than the average car owner to admit they are very ‘possessive about their car’ and are 84% more likely to ‘love a fast, punchy style of driving.’
• They are also 82% more likely than average adult to have seen advertising at an airport in the past week.
• They are 13% more likely than the average car owner to claim to ‘enjoy taking risks’
• Two-thirds of all BMW owners are happy with their standard of living, however they are 10% more likely than the average person in full-time employment to ‘worry about work during leisure time’
• BMW owners are 42% more likely than the average adult to ‘spend money without thinking.’ They are 35% more likely than the average to find expensive aftershaves/perfumes irresistible, and 35% more likely to wear designer clothes
• 65% of BMW owners are concerned about “pollution and congestion caused by cars,” with 83% of BMW owners using unleaded fuel.
• They are 28% more likely than the average adult to listen to the radio less than 10 ½ hours a week. They are 41% more likely than the average adult to visit the cinema at least twice a year
• BMW owners are twice as likely as average to play golf