Home Buying and Selling Market Study
Written by GFK NOP
New research into the Home Buying and Selling market has just been released, produced by GfK NOP on behalf of the Office of Fair Trading.
The research aimed to examine consumers' experience of service provision for buying and selling properties across the UK, including:
- high and low points of the process
- satisfaction with professionals
- extent of ‘shopping around’ of services currently carried out by consumers
- awareness of protection frameworks and complaint mechanisms
- presence of conflicts of interest
- how open buyers and sellers were to pursuing alternative routes to market.
GfK NOP’s research is part of a wider OFT study that comprises other ongoing research that will be published at a later date.
Available now on the OFT website are two GfK NOP research studies: (i) a quantitative survey (ii) a qualitative study.
Other qualitative work by GfK NOP and additional research and analysis by the OFT that is still ongoing, will feed into the final OFT report to be published at a later date.
Read the GfK NOP research report released in November by the Office of Fair Trading
London - 17 November 2009